by Elmer M. Cranton
- ". . . alleviates the pain of angina and intermittent claudication and decreases symptoms of shortness of breath and fatigue in patients with coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease." --James P. Carter, MD, Chairman and Professor, Department of Nutrition, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- "Everyone interested in the betterment of life should read Dr. Cranton's book." --Ralph Levy, MD, MS, Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery, Vascular Surgeon and Chief of Cardiovascular Surgery, John F. Kennedy Medical Center, New Jersey Medical School
- "I now achieve more lasting results with less risk, enhancing the benefits of surgery, and often avoiding surgery, by providing chelation therapy for my patients." --Peter J. van der Schaar, MD, PhD, Cardiac Surgeon and Director, International Biomedical Center, Netherlands
- Product Description
The results of a Duke University study recently published in the "New England Journal of Medicine" indicate that of the nearly 400,000 people in the U.S. each year who undergo a bypass operation using a heart-lung machine, an estimated forty percent risk a substantial decrease in mental ability within five years after the surgery.
Dr. Elmer Cranton published "Bypassing Bypass" in 1984 as a comprehensive introduction to EDTA chelation therapy, which opens blocked arteries without invasive surgery. The book became increasingly popular among consumers and health care providers seeking a safer, noninvasive, and lower-cost alternative to the traditional bypass surgery. With the advancements in medical technology, scientific research, and an increase in the number of practitioners offering chelation therapy, Dr. Cranton knew that an updated, expanded edition was needed. "Bypassing Bypass Surgery" will bring readers up to date on the latest studies and findings regarding chelation therapy and its current status in the medical community.
- From the Inside Flap
More than one million Americans undergo heart bypass surgery and balloon angioplasty every year at a cost of fifty billion dollars. But there is a simple, nonsurgical method to open clogged arteries that is administered in the doctor's office. Chelation therapy works in all the arteries at once, also preventing strokes and amputations. It's much safer, and much less expensive.
* Paperback: 416 pages
* Publisher: Hampton Roads Publishing; 1 edition (August 1, 2001)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1571742972
* ISBN-13: 978-1571742971
* Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.5 x 1.4 inches
* Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds